Sunday, May 23, 2010

My Religious Views

Someone will ask about what I believe, and what are my religious views. Well I am a loyal catholic believer I follow what the catholic church teaches, yet I am also liberal in my thinking, I used it to strengthen my catholic faith. I am open to the beliefs of others and use them to develop and strengthen my catholic faith. I know my catholic faith and I obey what the Church teaches, I do not allow myself be misled by intellectuall arrogance or false doctrines. I am also an existential person who is also focused on how to live my life to the fullest. I am not a lax catholic like what I am before. I study and read about my faith, I am not focused always on the affirmative or negative but always balance the two. I do not tolerate religious fanaticism or fundamentalism. I read the Bible but also seek the guidance of the learned and those in authority. I also read philosophical books especially atheistic ones but I do not agree with atheism yet i interpret them in a different non-atheistic perspective.

I am not a freelancer since I fully belong to the Catholic Church, Nor an agnostic since I really believe on the Judeo-Christian God. I am not a person who eventhough I have a liberal mind will already deny my catholic faith. I am liberal in the right manner, I do not recourse on philosophical debates nor interest in arguments, I simply live my life to the fullest and deepen my relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment